my links
blogs
previous posts
the writer

Liang You, Chua
Human
25 Oct 1982

See my complete profile

contacts

MSN: fjozn@yahoo.com
ICQ: 7594 5452
email

shoutbox


event(s)

To be updated.

announcement(s)

To be updated.

wishlist

Dopod 838 Pro

Howarth XL Cor Anglais + Howarth XL Oboe Cocobolo

Wiseman Double Case in Forest Green

Nikon D2Xs

AF 50mm f/1.4D

AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED

AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED

AF-S 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED II

AF-S 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II

$10000000000 to drop from the sky


Yeah, I'm greedy, but wishlist, what!


Mesothelioma

worldwide readers since Sept 2004

Locations of visitors to this page


f j o z n
my thoughts


Sunday, October 01, 2006

October

Wow! How time flies!

It is October already and my previous post was on *drum rolls* 15th August.

Note to my friends: I'm still alive. Kicking a bit here and there.

A bit of updates here and there I guess.

I'm single now. My ex-girlfriend and I had "irreconcilable differences", if you want to know. It's unpleasant but I guess we are both for the better now!

I'm flying to the Land of Kimchi this coming weekend. No, it's a working trip, not a holiday. No, I will not have much time to go shopping. No, I will not buy a ton of kimchi back. No, I don't know what is Shinhwa or Da Chan Ji or whatsoever for that matter.

Yes, I'm broke. =)

I will try to do some "live" updates if I can! I wonder who is interested.

Just for the record, I will be leaving on 7th Oct and coming back on 18th Oct. I will be in Wonju, where there is no coverage for Singaporean phones. Expect to see me on MSN whenever possible! I'm hoping to get Wifi there so at least I can still make calls on Skype.

*

Sometimes I really find human relationships to be an extremely fragile thing. Take working relationships for example, there are bound to be people you dislike at certain point of time.

I had encountered a few in my working life. Some were plain artificial, some were just terrible.

Take this ex-colleague in the same working zone as me for example. She was terrible to work with, she don't listen and is stubborn. Oh well. I didn't disguise my distaste on her working ethics and character.

These are the type of people who are lost in their own worlds. They think they are good. They offer advices for the sake of advising. They don't listen.

One might argue that all humans have their own flaws and that I'm not perfect too. I agree. But that same One must also agree that if 90% of the humans around you are against you, something must be wrong.

How many times have you criticized a person behind his back and still smile broadly when you see the same person? Had you ever called others a hypocrite? Yes, and I'm one myself too.

Call it being diplomatic or being nice. Or you can say that you are trying to avoid unhappiness. It's a sad part about human character.

When my friend recently suggested another friend was being a "two headed-snake", it made me started thinking.

Scenario:

You dislike this person a lot. But somehow he belongs to your clique. Or rather, assumes that he belongs to the clique. What do you do?

This person is blissfully ignorant of his antics and thinks he's right all the time. He's ultra sensitive and takes constructive comments in a bad light because he's wonderful and you are nothing. Who are you to offer him comments?

Being blissfully ignorant, he sees you walking to work and offers you a lift. What do you do?

Risk being labeled a "two headed-snake" or risk starting a war with the said person?

What would YOU do?

*

Avoid Lim Chu Kang at night.

My friend was recently beaten up by 3 foreign drunkards there. They are suspected to be illegal workers.

He lost his way and asked these 3 people for directions. Before he know it, they started beating him up.

Result: at least 2 fractured fingers and stitches on the head. Car was crashed and burnt to the core by suspects.

Yes, it was careless to ask 3 unknown people for directions in probably the most ulu part in Singapore but he was helplessly lost.

The good thing is: he was mentally strong enough to escape from the burning car and run 15 minutes to the nearest building for help. Mind you, running while holding a broken finger that was literally hanging by the skin. We are all just glad that he's alive.

Repeat: Avoid Lim Chu Kang at night.

fjozn at 9:58 AM

design by maystar

Modified by fjozn.


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
maystar design